The sometimes random thoughts and pictorial journey of a Northwest gardener and her backyard.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Hooray, a little blue mixed in with the clouds today. Just enough hope of spring to make me want to get home and root around a little. Too bad my job has to interfere with my life. I wander through other peoples landscapes all day and get inspired to do a little something in my yard. So many projects so little time. For example... My little pond that I put in last year is looking a little small. It is one of those preformed semi-kidney shaped things. It's probably a good scale for my little back yard and the koi were happy until the local racoon decided to have a little sushi. And then there is the flagstone terrace I'm working on. Our lawn is really shrinking. I am obsessed with adding a little more bed here and there. I tore off a perfectly good deck last year exposing the concrete pad beneath. I then stained it with Iron (rust really) to go with my tuscan garden theme. I have a yard full of little vingettes, places to sit, relax, and enjoy a cup of tea. I never do these things mind you, but I will someday.

No comments:

About Me

A little older, a little wiser. Northwest born and raised.