The sometimes random thoughts and pictorial journey of a Northwest gardener and her backyard.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

This is the sister's new green house. She just has to haul it home. I'm jealous. She will be starting seeds before you know it, meanwhile my green house is still mid construction. Maybe this will goad me on. A little tlc and this little gem will be great. Way to go sis.
Rain, rain go away... I have way to much to do outside in the garden and this weather is dampening my spirits. Almost March and I'm looking forward to spring. Sister and I spent the day yesterday walking about Watson's Nursery in Puyallup. Totally inspiring. The seed packages are all like little botanical paintings. It was almost overwhelming. I need to sit down and make a list of things I would like to grow in the garden.
This morning I put on my rain gear and mushed about the backyard trimming the ornamental grasses and cleaning up the perenials. I lost a few plants this last winter. Not to worry though it gives me an opportunity to get more. Last Summer I actually brought home a few plants then walked around the yard and realized I had no space... nada. I ended up poking them in pots. I vow this spring to remove anything that isn't perfoming well or that doesn't "suit" me so I can gather more.
Projects:
Put roof on the greenhouse
Redo the pergolas off the back patio
Move the grapes
Finish staining the concrete patio
Redo the front entry way pots
Move around some of the naturalizing tulips that have gone astry

No comments:

About Me

A little older, a little wiser. Northwest born and raised.