The sometimes random thoughts and pictorial journey of a Northwest gardener and her backyard.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006


Is Summer on it's way out?
The mornings are a little chilly and I'm noticing a little powdery mildew here and there. There are a lot of things that need to get done before it's gone. There's the scrape and paint the house trim project, the caulk and touch up the corners project, and oh let's not forget the finish the greenhouse project. There are leaves accumulating underneath the tinus viburnum and the tropical fern underneath is starting to die back a little. The anenome hasn't bloomed yet but its usually quite late. My burgandy leafed clematis has deteriorated before my eyes. It must be root rot or a vole. It was my favorite, I haven't had it very long. I was so happy with the effect. Arrrrrgh. I'll have to dig it up and take a look see.

No comments:

About Me

A little older, a little wiser. Northwest born and raised.