The sometimes random thoughts and pictorial journey of a Northwest gardener and her backyard.

Sunday, August 13, 2006


Projects, Projects, & More Projects
This is my trellis made from recycled parts and peices. The color of the stain I'm thinking of using is called "curry" not quite as orange as the original pressure treated post. I'm using a solid stain so that I can tie everything together. I'm thinking of using the same thing on the Play Set to help preserve it.





"Happy little Echinacea"
This little guy was a volunteer that I moved around the garden
I have to remember that I don't have to save EVERY volunteer. I'm quickly running out of space.








This is the greenhouse as of this morning. Spouse is working on it as I type. What a guy. It measures 8'x10 and 81/2' tall at the shed peak. We are using a combination of old paned windows found at a junk store, made even better by having storm windows attached, and a newer 8' slider window that will allow for ventilation. We started it with more imagination than plan and are using a lot of leftover materials. We (actually I) want it to have a nice cottage like feel to it and yet still be very functional as a working greenhouse. We haven't totally decided on our roofing material and will probably use cedar fencing "board and batton" style for the siding to match our garden shed.

No comments:

About Me

A little older, a little wiser. Northwest born and raised.